An important health factor is that your indoor air should be unpolluted and free from dust contaminating particles. To keep it clean you need to look for air purification systems. One of the widely used purifiers is the filter-less air purifiers.
These filter-less air purifiers are also known as active because of their working mechanism which involves cleaning the air from outside rather than the traditional air purifiers that use filters to clean the air from inside. Air purifiers that use filters are known as passive because of their mechanism by which they clean the air by drawing it into the purifier and then filtering it before pushing it back into the room.
Filter-less air purifiers or also known as filterless air cleaners are further divided into four types based upon their working.
- Electrostatic Precipitators
- Ozone-based Air Purifiers
- More Advanced Filter-less Air Purifiers
- Ultraviolet Air Purifiers
People usually get confused between air purifier vs air ionizer. Let us talk about these filterless air purifier types in detail.
The electrostatic precipitator works using the mechanism of the electrostatic charge. They remove the dust particles from the air using a high-voltage electrostatic charge. As dust particles get charged they can easily be attracted to charged metal plates that come within these purifiers. These plates are metal plates designed to force the dust particles to themselves resulting in clean air.
Ozone-based Air Purifiers
This type of purifier uses only ozone to clean the air. As this is one of the filter-less air purifiers, its ozone does all the cleaning work for it. Ozone oxidizes the air to remove dust particles from the air. Moreover, it kills germs and microorganisms such as mold, etc. These purifiers are very efficient and effective than any other type of purifier.
Ultraviolet Air Purifiers
As the name indicates that these purifiers work using ultraviolet rays to clean the air and kill microorganisms. Also, these UV rays can kill bacteria. These types of purifiers are efficient as they do not need to draw air into the purifier itself and then clean it rather it uses ultraviolet rays to work directly on the air outside. Moreover, these purifiers don’t use any filters so there is no need to worry about the dust residing on the filters after the cleaning procedure is completed.
Advantages of Using Filter-less Air Purifiers
- One main advantage of using these filter-less air purifiers, or also known as, air purifiers without filter, is that you need not worry about the cost or cleaning of the filters on a regular basis. So it eventually costs less than the purifiers that use a filter.
- Cleaning or removing the dust is easy as these purifiers have an electrostatically charged plate that collects dust particles and pollutants from the air. These plates can easily be cleaned therefore consumers love this type of purifier as there is no hectic work to do. Simply take out the plates and clean them without any struggle.
- It is useful to remove allergens and many other pollutants from the air using a very simple mechanism. These allergens and dust particles are made up of positively charged ions. These purifiers emit ions that are negative so that they form a bond with the particles in the air. When a bond is formed, these particles become heavy and they can’t stay in the air for a longer period so they fall onto the floor from where they can easily be vacuumed or cleaned.
2 Best Filterless Air Purifiers in 2023
|Check price on amazon
|Check price on amazon
Best Filterless Air Purifier- “Editor’s Choice”
Even before it hit the market of Air Purifiers, the Envion Ionic Pro Turbo would modernize the industry of air purification as the exclusive and exceptional manufacturing has been verified to trap approximately all germs and pollutants that are in the surrounding air in the usual size of the rooms in less than one hour. It operates silently making very low or no noise.
The Envion Ionic Pro Turbo for medium to large-sized rooms Ionic Pro Turbo lessens the germs, allergens, and other contaminants present in the air silently, and then releases filtered and refreshed air. There are no expensive filters to replace or substitute. It eradicates the flying allergens from the surrounding air, destroys cold & flu viruses, and mold spores. It reduces and then eliminates the mouth and throat bacterial and germs from the air.
Similar to any other air purifiers in terms of the Ionic Pro series, the Envion Ionic Pro Turbo makes use of the name of the air filtration system, comprising of just one air filter. The Ionizer which is used in Envion Ionic Pro Turbo captures the flying contaminants and allergens by completely charging them with negative ions. This entirely fulfills the safety standards of CARB.
It is simple to clean and easy to wash through the front-loading set of blades that make cleaning a puff of air and there is no need of replacing the filter. The smooth design of Envion Ionic Pro Turbo comprises a sleek design of the tower that makes it ideal for medium and large-sized rooms (up to 500 sq feet) at home or the office. It is user-friendly and easy to use and set to the preferred speed. It uses less energy than a solid and glowing bulb.
Ionic technology is completely silent. It begins by creating and developing a layer of negative ions. The negative ions attract the positive flying germs and dust contaminants present in the air. The Envion Ionic Pro Turbo model has the incorporation of germicidal safety and protection in the germicidal room. The collection blades are simply and easily replaceable. All that is required is to press the open button on the top of the unit and then slide out the collection blades of front-loading. These assembled blades are simply washed by cleaning them with a soft cloth.
There is an indication alert light that notifies you when it‘s time to clean these assembled collection blades. The Ionic equipment works noiselessly to capture the particles and pollutants while flowing the pure air back into the atmosphere.
It is energy competent and therefore uses less electricity than a condensed shining bulb. The one-touch function with a push-button can simply save time and effort. The Germicidal protection tears down the germs and bacteria that are in contact with the germicidal cavity. There are no filters to substitute.
Just eliminate the ergonomically designed front-loading collection blades and clean them with a soft cloth. Individuals can inhale and exhale comfortably with this Envion Ionic Pro air purifier. The germicidal hollow eradicates the bacteria, germs, viruses, and other flying pollutants.
The Oxygen Plus technology replaces the ozone and smog with clean and pure oxygen for purified air. This Envion Ionic Pro air purifier works quietly and doesn’t need filter substitution for efficiency, ease, and convenience.
Envion Ionic Pro Turbo Features
- Approximately 500 sq. ft. purification space
It maintains and keeps a large-size room easily pure.
- It eliminates the most airborne germs
These germs and pollutants comprise germs, allergens, and other airborne pollutants.
- Washable Oxygen Plus filter
It allows for easy and simple protection.
- Auto safety shutoff and on
This helps to keep the area safe and protected.
- Three-speed settings
It can easily change between low, medium, and high levels of controls. It mechanically defaults to the high (maximum production) setting whenever the purifier is turned on.
- Eliminates odors and refreshes the air
It gives the perfect feel of fresh and revitalized air quality.
- There is no requirement for replacement of filter
- Silent and quiet operation
- CARB licensed for protection of ozone emission
- Low performance in terms of price
- Product Name: Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
- Brand: Envion
- Model Number: TA500
- Color Category: Black
- Air Quality Indicator Light(s): No
- App-Controlled: No
- Suggested Room Size: 500 square feet
- Product Weight: 7.8 pounds
- Manufacturer’s Warranty (Parts): 1 Year
- Manufacturer’s Warranty (Labor): 1 Year
- Filter Compatibility: Oxygen Plus Filter
- Type of Air Purifier: Ionic Tower
- Authorized by Energy Star: No
- Type of Filter: Electrostatic & Washable
- Number of fans: 3
- Filter Included: Yes
- Filter Indicator Light(s): Yes
- Ionizing: Yes
- UPC System
USP’s of Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
- Quiet and Silent Functioning: It destroys the flying germs and bad odors without creating surrounding noise.
- Ionic Purification: It purifies & removes 99. 9% of flying allergens, germs, and pollutants in your home and office, along with it destroy cold & flu viruses, mold spores, and mouth and throat bacteria.
- 3x Clean: it cleans the air in medium to large-sized rooms (up to 500 square feet) up to three times in one hour. This is ideal for the home or office.
- Permanent Filter: it is simple to wash; a washable filter will save money and continue for several years.
- Energy Efficient: The classical and stylish design of the tower uses less energy than a solid glowing bulb.
Envion Ionic Pro Turbo Conclusion
The Envion Ionic Pro Turbo is famous mainly in terms of its design, along with its easy and simple method of air filtration that doesn’t need any substitution and replacement of the filter. Thus, the performance is very low for the price, and if a person is a severe allergy patient, then a better HEPA air purifier should be considered.
P1000 is the filter-less air purifier that purifies the air in rooms of dimensions up to 450 sq ft (approx. 19′ x 24′) i.e. 3.3 air changes per day. It can be used in rooms or closets as small as 330 cubic feet (approx 6′ x 7′).
The patented TSS™ ceramic technology destroys up to 99.99% of microorganisms present in the air. This filterless air purifier uses air convection to pull bacteria, spores, allergens, and viruses into heated cavities where they are removed completely at 400°F. It cleans the air and then cools it before it is discharged into the atmosphere. There are no filters, UV bulbs, fans, motors, or any other portable and movable parts.
There are no harmful emissions of ozone or negative ions. We just have to plug in and it will start working. There is no need for installations. It can be easily protected with auto shut-off. There is no noise being created while operating. No need for maintenance is required. The on/off LED light indications are present.
You can turn off the blue anti-stress dimmer light anytime you need it. The electricity consumption is very low and costs 10-12 cents every day. For best results, it should be used 24-hours a day. It comes in stylish yet elegant and compact design with dimensions 10.4″H x 8.4″ diameter (26.4 x 21.3 cm) ‐ 3.1 lbs (143 Kg). it is comprised of a plastic housing with a ceramic core.
Airfree P1000 Filterless Air Purifier Features
- General Features.
- Capacity: 450 sq. ft.
- Electric Consumption: 43W.
- Voltage: 120V.
- Dimensions: height 10.4 in and diameter 8.4 in.
- Noise level: Silent.
- Weight: 3.5 lb.
- Thermistor safety sensors, thermal fuse, tilt sensor, varistor, existing warning fuse.
- Night light Indicator.
- Price: $219.00.
- Color: White.
- Warranty: 2-year Manufacturing.
Airfree P1000 Filterless Air Purifier Product Benefits
- Eliminates natural pollutants with 100% efficiency in order to get improved quality of air.
- Noiseless functioning and little style are unremarkable and simple to adjust in the home.
- Filterless design eradicates the price, operation, and waste of continuously changing filters.
- Outputs no detrimental discharge, actually lessening indoor ozone levels for safety, security, and wellbeing.
- Perfect for the victims of asthma or allergies decreasing microorganisms that can worsen the signs and symptoms.
- It is highly recommended for room size: 450 ft².
- Airfree P1000 Air purifier is certified and endorsed by CARB.
- With unique Patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology, Airfree P1000 applies a similar ideology as hot water by using heat to demolish microorganisms and achieves 100% effectiveness.
- Airfree P1000 destroys allergens, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, mold, dust mites, ozone, pollens, tobacco, and other natural contaminants.
- It possesses filterless technology and so there are no additional costs with the replacement of filters.
- It creates no noise.
Air T800 air purifier is the top-rated air purifier for germs, bacteria’s and mold when noise and space can be a concern. It is the best maintenance-free and silent air purifier for small-sized spaces. It steadily removes the dust particles, mites, bacteria, fungi, viruses, pollen, allergens of pet animals, and other microorganisms present in the air. The patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology slowly removes every organic pollutant like mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pollens, pet dander, tobacco, ozone. It is ideal for germ infected areas as well as asthma and allergy patients.
Airfree’s unique technology is entirely quiet and does not need any filters or repair and maintenance. All we have to do is simply plug it in and let it do the job. Airfree T800 honored design completely fits the home decor. The filterless series of air purifiers has small dimensions and an attractive design, providing similar performance and competence as other Airfree models. It can be fixed to the wall in any room, saving floor space. It is separately tested and certified by ISO laboratories across the world.
Airfree T800 Filterless Air Purifier Features
- Capacity: 180 sq. ft.
- Weight: 1.5 lb.
- Guarantee: 2 years
- Energy Consumption: 42 W
- Size: Diameter: 5.1 in x Height: 10.4 in
- Voltage: 120
Airfree T800 Filterless Air Purifier Other Features
How It Works
It possesses Thermodynamic TSS Technology. It has strong and influential destroying power against all types of pollutants such as molds, viruses, bacteria, pollens, and other similar naturally produced allergens. It will also decrease the internal ozone levels. It gives improved and better strength, cleaner and fresher air. It is perfect for a decrease of allergy that results in toxins, molds, spores, dog/cat, and other pet dander.
Safety & Protection
Airfree T800 filterless purification doesn’t discharge ions, ultraviolet rays, and light, or any other dangerous products back into the air. Airfree T800 new technology uses heat for cleaning the air without making the room hot. It can be used in bedrooms with air conditioning units without creating any problem or danger. It is safe for pets and kids.
It plugs in the machine into the wall and enjoys the improved quality of air without creating any noise. It can be easily used with comfort in the bedroom, dorm, or nursery for a good night’s sleep. The silent sound and extraordinary designs make it a perfect fit for an office, kitchen, or bathroom indoors. It is ideal for babies, kids, or teens.
Filter Free Technologies
It is manufactured with superior-tech that does not use filters or fans letting for low energy consumption. There are no additional costs in terms of replacement parts, cleaners, sanitizers, or repairs & maintenance. All you have to do is to enjoy green, eco-friendly, high-efficiency function all through your home with pure, fresh air.
The portable and compact design is easy to use. It adjusts in with any decorations or space. For best results, keep the T800 air purifier on at all times and in the same room. It should be used on a tabletop, desktop, floor, or counter. It gives ultra purification protection against difficult allergies, asthma, and other natural material. It comes in a small and portable design with distinctive features.
Useful Air Purifiers Guides
- Best Air Purifier for Smoke Under $100 in 2023
- Best Ozone Air Purifier Reviews
- Best Air Purifier For Pets
- Best Personal Air Purifier
- Water-Based Air Purifier
- Air Purifier Vs. Humidifier
- Airthereal Air Purifiers Reviews
- Winix Air Purifier Reviews
- Levoit Air Purifier Review
- Dyson Air Purifier Reviews
- Holmes Air Purifier Reviews
Airfree T800 Filterless Air Purifier Pros
As per the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), ozone is a poisonous gas that can cause asthma and destroy lung tissue.
Airfree air purifiers create no harmful emissions like ozone, ions, UV light, etc.
Self-governing laboratory tests are performed in Sweden that shows that Airfree really decreases ozone by 26%.
There is no need to change unclean, impure filters, or fan blades, which can activate the allergic response in sensitized individuals.
Airfree emits no noise of fans, motors. It is just quiet.
Airfree is almost free from maintenance cost, as there is nothing to change, not even the moving parts.
There are no filters or UV lamps to replace. The alternate parts for other air purifiers can charge $60-$100 a year or more than that.
Airfree consumes less electricity than a 50W light bulb, costing only pennies a day to work.
Efficiency and Effectiveness
Airfree’s unique TSS technology uses burning to competently destroy and remove the microorganisms in the air.
Airfree’s efficiency has been well tested by institutes and over 20 respected ISO 17025 and other self-governing laboratories in 8 different countries.
Easy Installation and Simple Use
Just locate Airfree on the floor and plug it into the nearby outlet. There is no need for stable maintenance or cleaning.
Safety & Security
- Airfree is the only technology that is verified and proven to decrease the ozone while at the same time removing microorganisms.
- Airfree is not hot to the touch and is safe to function continuously.
- Electrical security is guaranteed.
- CE and UL Certifications.
- Airfree’s automatic shut-off of the heated ceramic core if an abnormality is noticed, like blockage of an air intake port, or twisted position of the device, or if the related temperature reaches 95°F (35°C). In this case, you will be notified by the purifier’s red flashing light.
- Airfree purifies the air using heat alone. No fiber-glass filters, triclosan-coated paper, or any kind of substance is dangerous to individuals or the atmosphere.
The reduction of Microorganisms starts just 15 minutes after the Airfree purifier is inserted and plugged in.
Strength & Durability
Airfree’s elegant, smart, lifelong design has no portable parts, resulting in almost no wear and tear.
Airfree’s automatic warning sensor alerts users if the purifier is inappropriately situated or broken.
The energy-saving aspect of “shuts off” Airfree’s ceramic center for a few minutes when it arrives at the most likely temperature for air convection or if related room temperature reaches 95°F. The purifier goes on with purifying air throughout this time.
That was all about filter-less air purifiers. Now it will be easy for you to choose some sort of home ionizer for the air purification system in your house that suits your needs. There are many available in the market that is the best filterless air purifier for dust or also known as filterless air cleaners. You can easily find the product that is right for you.
What is a Filterless Air Purifier?
There are two types of purifiers based on their working mechanism; filter and filterless purifiers. Filterless purifiers are those which don’t involve the filter technology to clean the air and kill germs rather it uses other kinds of technology e.g ozone or patented thermodynamic TSS.
What is the Best Filterless Air Purifier?
To find the best filterless air purifier in the market you can choose any which suits your needs as there are tons of filterless air purifiers available on the market but we have shortlisted some of the best products out there in our product chart. Check those products out to find whichever suits you the most.
Where Can I Buy a Filterless Air Purifier?
You can buy a different kind of air purifier without filters from the market. For instance, you can check out stores near you or from amazon. We already have shortlisted some of the best products available on the market so that you don’t have to go through them all. Check out our product chart to find whichever product suits your needs.
How Do Filterless Air Purifiers Clean the Air if They Don’t Have Filters?
Yes, filterless air purifiers work perfectly and some of them work with 100% efficiency. They are simply air purifiers without filters and they use a different type of technology. They are divided into four categories based on their work:
- Electrostatic precipitators that work on the concept of electric charge.
- Ozone-based air purifiers that use ozone to kill pollutants.
- More advanced filter-less air purifiers.
- Ultraviolet air purifiers that use UV rays to kill germs, bacteria, and airborne particles.
Are Filterless Air Purification Systems as Effective as Filter Air Purifiers at Removing Indoor Air Pollutants?
Yes, filterless air purification systems are as effective as filter ones because they differ in their working mechanism. Ozone based purifiers are more effective as ozone fights dust, bacteria, germs and kills all the pollutants with almost the same efficiency while some products work on 100% efficiency. You can choose the right product based on some criteria and rest assured it will clean your air and provide you with clean air to breathe in.
Do Filterless Air Purifiers Help Save Money as Opposed to Their Filter-featuring Counterparts?
Yes, filterless air purifiers save costs as they don’t use filters. Purifiers that use filters need their filters replaced after some time which can be costly. As compared to that cost, filterless air purifiers save your pocket from the extra expense of monthly or yearly filter change. You can check out our product chart where we have reviewed the best filterless purifiers.
Do Filterless Air Purifiers Release Ozone?
Yes, most filterless air purifiers work by releasing ozone into the air which can cause several problems as well. The device can emit ozone if it works on the basis of the electric charge to clean the air. Also, other there are certain types of product that work on ozone to kill germs and bacteria. So, you can make a decision according to your needs.
More Articles About Air Purifiers
- Is My Air Purifier Not Working or the Air Has Gotten Worse?
- Is It Okay if I Move Around My Air Purifier From One Room to Another?
- How to Reduce the Dust in My House? What Is the Best Solution
- Does It Matter Where I Place My Air Purifier
- Why Do I Need an Air Purifier for Every Room
- Why Should I Sleep With an Air Purifier On
- Are Air Purifiers a Waste of Money?
- Does an Air Purifier Cool the Room?
- Best Traveling Air Purifiers
- How Often Should You Run an Air Purifier
- Do Air Purifiers Really Work
- How Does an Air Purifier Work
- Air Purifiers Benefits Detailed Guide
- Best Air Purifiers Detailed Buying Guide
- Keeping the Indoor Environment Clean From Air Pollution
- Best Air Purifier for Smog